[CIG-ALL] Data Products and Cyberinfrastructure Workshop at EarthScope National Meeting

Mike Gurnis gurnis at gps.caltech.edu
Mon Apr 18 11:18:49 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Registration for the "Data Products and Cyberinfrastructure workshop" on
May 17th, a pre-meeting for the EarthScope National Meeting, is now
open. Please find information and a link to the registration page below.

http://www.earthscope.org/meetings/data_products_workshop

If you need addition information, please e-mail me at
gurnis at gps.caltech.edu.

Michael Gurnis
Chair, EarthScope Cyberinfrastructure Subcommittee

Data Products and Cyberinfrastructure Workshop

This workshop brings together data, cyberinfrastructure, and data
product users and developers to: evaluate short- and long-term
EarthScope cyberinfrastructure needs; identify currently-available
resources; and plan for advancement of a robust infrastructure. As one
potential road forward, new web services developed by the IRIS DMC for
data access and data processing will be presented. We invite
contributions from those who have participated in the development of the
broader cyberinfrastructure for the Earth sciences (geophysics, geology,
geochemistry, computational science and the NSF TeraGrid). Includes
discussion of issues associated with building enhanced EarthScope
cyberinfrastruture.

The Data Products and Cyberinfrastructure Workshop will be held May 17,
8:30-5 pm in the AT&T center.