[CIG-ALL] Virtual Workshop Announcement: 2011 Crustal Deformation Modeling Tutorial

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 20 16:02:23 PDT 2011

1st Announcement for the 2011 Crustal Deformation Modeling Tutorial

Online virtual workshop to be held June 20-22, 2011

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

Workshop web page
http://geodynamics.org/cig/workinggroups/short/workshops/cdm2011/

This virtual workshop will focus on providing training in the use of
the CIG PyLith software for modeling crustal deformation. The training
will also include instruction in CUBIT for creating finite-element
meshes as input for PyLith and visualizing PyLith output using
Paraview.

This virtual workshop will be held Monday June 20 - Wednesday 22,
2011, using web-based tools and a teleconference line. Monday will be
dedicated to beginning tutorials with the content progressing to
intermediate level topics on Tuesday and Wednesday. Each day will be
divided into 2 hour sessions with morning (Pacific Time) and afternoon
(Pacific Time) sessions on Monday and Tuesday and an afternoon
(Pacific Time) session on Wednesday. We may add sessions convenient
for participants in eastern Asia, New Zealand, and Australia depending
on demand. There are no registration fees.

We are switching to holding in-person workshops on a biannual basis
(even years) with the next workshop tentatively scheduled for June
25-29, 2012, at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO.

Brad Aagaard
Chair of the Workshop Organizing Committee