[CIG-ALL] New CIG staff

Louise Kellogg kellogg at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 28 13:21:41 PDT 2011

Dear CIG community:

I'd like to introduce a new member of the CIG staff, computer scientist Eric Heien. Eric comes to CIG with a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Osaka University, a B.S. in Computer Science from UC Berkeley, and a background in optimization of parallel computing simulations in biophysical and geophysical simulations.

Over the coming weeks, Eric will be getting to know CIG codes and CIG operations. I've asked Eric to take a look at CitComS in particular, as there has been an interest expressed by the CIG working group for new benchmarks in this well-established code.

Eric will attend the AGU meeting in December, where he will have a chance to meet many of you in person.

Best wishes,

Louise

Louise Kellogg
Professor, Department of Geology
One Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530)752-3690
http://mygeologypage.ucdavis.edu/kellogg/
http://www.keckcaves.org