[CIG-ALL] CIG Update: Programmer IV/ Crustal Deformation Workshop/ Mantle-Lithospheric Dynamics Workshop

Ariel Shoresh ariel at geodynamics.org
Tue May 1 09:13:08 PDT 2012

CIG UPDATE

JOB OPENING - System Administrator/Programmer
CRUSTAL DEFORMATION WORKSHOP – JUNE 18-22, 2012 – COLORADO SCHOOL OF
MINES
MANTLE/LITHOSPHERIC DYNAMICS WORKSHOP – JULY 29-AUG 2, 2012 – UC DAVIS

CIG has a position opening for a System Administrator/Programmer at our
headquarters, University of California, Davis.

The position will be contract, renewable annually for the remaining three
years of the project.

Job summary is as follows:
Under direction provide technical programming and support to Computational
Infrastructure for Geodynamics (CIG). Work with CIG researchers to setup
and maintain websites and basic computing infrastructure to support
scientific research and development.

Provide support for researchers to share result data from
simulations/analysis and collaborate with others. Develop tools for
testing, benchmarking, validating and verifying scientific application
codes. Help researchers test and release new versions of scientific codes.

For more information, and the application, please follow the link below:

http://www.employment.ucdavis.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61751

We will also be posting contract positions for upper-level code programmers
within the next couple weeks, and will notify the community when they are
open.

We look forward to hearing from you!

***************************
WORKSHOPS

Registration almost full for the upcoming **Crustal Deformation Workshop**,
held June 18-22nd , 2012.  If you , will be taking names for a waiting
list, and if slots open up, we will be able to contact you immediately to
see if you are still interested. We will then send you a link to the
registration form. More information can be found here:
http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/community/workinggroups/short/workshops/CDM2012

If you are looking to join the waiting list, please email me directly at
ariel at geodynamics.org

The **Mantle Convection/Lithospheric Dynamics Workshop** registration is
open.  The workshop will be held at the University of California, Davis,
from July 29 to August 2nd, 2012.  Information on the schedule of events,
and a link to the registration form, can be found here.

http://geodynamics.org/cig/community/workinggroups/mc/workshops/MantLith2012/index_html

--
Ariel Shoresh
Administrator, Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics
ariel at geodynamics.org