[CIG-ALL] International Workshop of Computational Geodynamic Frontiers 2013 June 29-31, 2013 Beijing, China

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue May 28 10:45:51 PDT 2013

International Workshop of Computational Geodynamic Frontiers 2013 June
29-31, 2013 Beijing, China

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the organizing committee, we cordially invite you to attend the
"International Workshop of Computational Geodynamic Frontiers 2013"
(IWCGF'2013), to be hosted by the Key Laboratory of Computational
Geodynamics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (LCG-CAS), June 29-31, 2013, in
Beijing, China. The IWCGF annual workshop series has been successfully run
since 2004. This year's theme is "New advances in computational geodynamics
of intra-continental tectonics". This workshop is to promote geodynamic
studies of intra-continental tectonics, including long-term lithospheric
deformation and mountain building and short-term crustal faulting and
earthquakes. We encourage topics that target observational data with modern
computational methods to advance our understanding of the structure and
processes of multi-spatiotemporal scale deformation in intra-continents and
their impacts on sustainable social development. Topics on other aspects of
geodynamic computation are also welcome.

Limited budget is available to cover the registration, lodging, and meals
for selected international participants.

If you plan to attend this workshop, please email Dr. Huai Zhang
(hzhang at ucas.ac.cn) the tentative title of your talk by 20 June 2013. It is
envisioned that the workshop will produce a special volume on a peer
reviewed international journal. For those attending the GSA-GSC joint
workshop in Chengdu (June 17-19), some accommodation may be arranged for you
to stay in China between these two meetings.

If you need assistance, please contact Dr. Huai Zhang.

We look forward to seeing you in Beijing.

The Workshop Organizing Committee

Dr. Yaolin Shi, shiyl at ucas.ac.cn (Chair)

Dr. Mian Liu, lium at missouri.edu (Co-Chair)

Dr. David A. Yuen, daveyuen at gmail.com

Dr. Yves M. Leroy, leroyy at biotite.ens.fr, leroyy at mailhost.geologie.ens.fr

Dr. Huai Zhang, hzhang at ucas.ac.cn, huaizhang at gmail.com, 86-10-8825-6488
(Secretary)

************************************

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.

Associate Director

Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics

2215A EPS

One Shields Avenue

Davis, CA 95616

w: 530.752.3656