[CIG-ALL] CIG August 2014 Newsletter

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Mon Aug 11 13:21:17 PDT 2014

Dear CIG Community:

Attached is the CIG Quarterly Newsletter for August 2014.  The summer season has been busy with workshops and tutorials. We were happy to see many of you there and hope you had both a productive and restful summer.

Our webinar season begins Thursday October 9 @ 2pm. Dr. Anna Kelbert, OSU, will be kicking the series off with her talk - Earth System Bridge: NSF's EarthCube entry point for solid Earth geosciences.
NSF’s EarthCube is a relatively new Earth science knowledge integration initiative. It has a grand ambition to develop a common cyberinfrastructure for all of the environmental sciences in the United States. The Earth System Bridge currently under development intends to provide pathways for communication between existing modeling frameworks. These initial efforts are possible entry point into the cyberinfrastructure initiative for the CIG community and an opportunity to help shape the outcome of the EarthCube effort.

Connection information and details for the upcoming 2014-15 webinar series can be found on our web page at:  http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/webinars/.

Lastly, mark your calendars for this year’s Annual Business Meeting during the 2014 AGU.  Come join us Tuesday December 16 @ 6pm  at the Parc55.

Best,
Lorraine