[CIG-ALL] CIG WEBINAR February 13 - Exascale Visuzlization: Why Things Will Change For You

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 14 12:11:21 PST 2014

Dear CIG Community:

Please joins us next month for our second webinar on topics in visualization.  On Thursday, February 13 at  2pm PT, Professor Hank Childs will be talking about exascale visualization in his talk titled Exascale Visualization: Why Things Will Change For You

Exascale computing is on the horizon, and may appear as soon as 2019. So what does this mean for visualization? Plenty. Exascale machines will place severe constraints on I/O, power, data movement, and architecture. The massive data sets produced by these machines will likely require a variety of techniques to be visualized, such as in situ processing, multi-resolution processing, and/or data reduction, all while running on an accelerator. In this webinar, Hank will describe the exascale landscape and discuss why and how visualization will look different.
You may connect to the meeting through the link provided below or through our home page at geodynamics.org.  More complete instructions can also be found at:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/community/Webinar

Remember to test your connection ahead of time.

Past CIG seminars are available on our website and YouTube Channel.
Best,

-Lorraine

Connect to webinar:

    https://uc-d.adobeconnect.com/_a841422360/r28i3av93ti/

2013- 2014 Webinar Schedule
October 10 – Scott King, Professor, VT. The World Is Not Enough: Mantle Dynamics from a Planetary Perspective
November 14 – Giorgio Spada, Professor, Universita’ di Urbino. Using SELEN to Solve the Sea Level Equation
December - None (AGU)
January 9 - Oliver Kreylos, Ph.D., UC Davis
February 13 - Hank Childs, Professor, University of Oregon Exascale Visualization: Why Things Will Change For You
March 13 - MacKenzie Smith, University Librarian, UC Davis.
April 10 - Aspect Team
May 8 – Lead: Jon Aurnou, Professor, UCLA. CIG's Community Dynamo Code Development Project