[CIG-ALL] AGU session of interest

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 25 12:04:59 PDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention the following AGU sessions organized by CIG Scientists:

Session ID#: 2499

Seeing red: the structure, properties, origin, and dynamics of LLSVPs

The Large Low Shear Velocity Provinces (LLSVPs) dominate the long-wavelength structure of Earth's lower mantle. The composition, origin, and long-term stability of these structures remain uncertain. We solicit contributions that provide new insight into the nature of lower mantle structures including LLSVPs. Contributions may address the present-day seismic structure, chemical composition, temperature, elastic properties, and rheological properties of the LLSVPs, the ambient lower mantle, the Ultra Low Velocity Zones, and other lower-mantle thermal and/or chemical structures, as well as the origin and evolution of these structures over geologic time. We also encourage contributions that address the relationship between different classes of lower mantle structures, between lower mantle structures and mantle plumes, and between the mantle and core.

Invited speakers:
Vedran Lekic
Jacqueline Austermann
Paula Koelemeijer
Mingming Li

The abstract submission deadline is 6th August 23:59 EDT /  04:59 +1 GMT.

To submit an abstract go to:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm14/webprogrampreliminary/Session2499.html

Sincerely,

Maxwell L Rudolph, James Wookey,  and Abigail Bull.

This year's AGU Fall Meeting, in San Francisco, will be held 15-19 December.  The abstract submission deadline is 06 August, 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, the abstract submission tool is NEW this year.

http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2014/scientific-program/abstract-submission-policies/
Best,
Lorraine

***************************