[CIG-ALL] CIG WEBINAR: Software and the Scholarly Record *** TOMORROW ***

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 12 15:45:14 PDT 2014

Dear CIG Community

Please joins us ***TOMORROW *** Thursday, March 13  at  2pm PT for our next CIG Webinar. MacKenzie Smith, University Library @ UC Davis will give us insight into issues of establishing visibility for software’s role in science in her talk Software and the Scholarly Record.

Modeling and other forms of computational science require software to be shared and preserved, to insure reproducibility of research and proper credit to software developers. The webinar will review aspects of sharing software – open source licenses and software “publishing” – and related documentation to support reproducible research.

You may connect to the meeting through the link provided below or through our home page at geodynamics.org.
https://uc-d.adobeconnect.com/_a841422360/r28i3av93ti/

More complete instructions can also be found at:
http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/webinars/
Remember to test your connection ahead of time.

Past CIG seminars are available on our website and YouTube Channel.

Best,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD
Associate Director, CIG