[CIG-ALL] WANTED: AGU 2014 CIG Community Abstracts

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 6 15:09:54 PDT 2014

Dear CIG Community:

Congratulations to all researchers who’s abstracts have been accepted to AGU!

To aid our community find talks of interest, we are once again posting both a list of abstracts and sessions on topics of interest to our community. Please help other scientist find your research by supplying the following:

abstract number, abstract title, authors.  e.g. (from last year)
DI24A-05. Mantle Response to a Slab Gap and Three-dimensional Slab Interaction in Central America, Jadamec, M.A. and K.M. Fischer.

session number, session description, speakers, conveners
		e.g. (from last year)
DI005. Geophysical Observations and Models of Subduction
This session frames subduction through the combined lens of seismology and geodynamics. For example, seismic anisotropy and 3D geodynamic modeling indicate complex subslab and mantle wedge flow. What controls the spatial extent and magnitude of this complex flow? What are the seismic constraints on the nature of the mantle wedge? What can the seismic structure of the slab and mantle wedge reveal about the release of volatiles from the slab crust and mantle? How do these aid in wedge weakening and melting, and what is the interplay with strain-rate induced weakening? We welcome contributions from all disciplines that can constrain the seismic observations and geodynamic models of subduction.
Invited Speakers: Mike Gurnis (Caltech), Maureen Long (Yale University), Ryan Porter (Carnegie Institution), and Phil Skemer (Washington University in St. Louis).
Session Conveners: Margarete Jadamec (Brown University), Ellen Syracuse (University of Wisconsin), and Peter van Keken (University of Michigan).

Look for the list at:
http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/agu-2014-week/

This year’s CIG Business Meeting is on a *** NEW DAY and LOCATION ***. Please hold MONDAY, DECEMBER 15.  More details coming!

See you soon,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD
Associate Director, CIG