[CIG-ALL] CIG Election Results and more

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 22 11:25:17 PST 2015

December 2016

Dear CIG Community,

It was great seeing many of you last week in San Francisco and joining us at our annual business meeting. It was a busy week and we had several requests for information:

The Business Meeting Presentation can be found on our website: https://geodynamics.org/cig/download_file/view/1096/875/ <https://geodynamics.org/cig/download_file/view/1096/875/>
As an outcome of their 2014 Workshop on lithospheric modeling, the LTT WG published in GSA, Moving lithospheric modeling forward: Attributes of a community computer code: http://www.geosociety.org/gsatoday/archive/25/6/article/i1052-5173-25-6-42.htm <http://www.geosociety.org/gsatoday/archive/25/6/article/i1052-5173-25-6-42.htm>

We are also please to announce our 2016 Executive and Science Steering Committee (new members in italics):
	EC: Magali Billen, Bruce Buffett, David Bercovici, Omar Ghattas and Louis Moresi
	SSC: Brad Aagaard (chair),  Tim Ahern, Jed Brown, Katie Cooper, Boris Kaus, David May, Sabine Stanley and Carl Tape

We thank Scott King, Claire Curie, Jon Aurnou, and Jolante van Wijk for their past service as well as the Nominating Committee Laurent Montesi, Bruce Buffet and Matt Knepley for presenting an excellent slate of candidates.

As you are wrapping-up the year and reflecting on all of your accomplishments, please remember to submit <https://geodynamics.org/cig/news/publications/submit/> us your published papers.  DOI’s are gladly accepted.

Lastly, please mark your 2016 calendars with the dates of the CIG All Hands Meeting June 17-24 with plenary sessions June 20-22 at UC Davis.  We will be offering code tutorials and are developing an agenda on cross cutting topics that will take us from the core to the crust and beyond! With AGU fresh in your minds, don’t forget to send us your speaker or topic suggestions.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Davis in the new year.

Best,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.
Associate Director, CIG