[CIG-ALL] 2015 AGU Fall Meeting "Seismic Anisotropy Across Scales in the Mantle"

Rob Porritt rporritt at dragon.kobe-u.ac.jp
Wed Jul 8 18:25:14 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the session, "Seismic Anisotropy
Across Scales in the Mantle" at the AGU Fall 2015 meeting. Our goal is to
bring together both theoretical and observational results concerning
seismic anisotropy within the mantle from a variety of perspectives. We
encourage you to consider submitting an abstract to this session.

Sincerely,
Sanne Cottaar
Lowell Miyagi
Robert Porritt
Edouard Kaminski

*Session ID#*: 8508
*Session Title: *Seismic Anisotropy Across Scales in the Mantle
*Session Description: *Observations of seismic anisotropy provide insights
into ongoing and fossilized deformation within the mantle, and offer an
important complement to wavespeed and discontinuity imaging. Interpretation
of these observations requires a multi-scale approach: linking micro-scale
observations of mineral behavior at high pressures and temperatures to a
macro-scale snapshot of present-day seismic wave propagation and geodynamic
models of mantle flow and fabric development. We welcome contributions of
advances in any of the disciplines involved, as well as studies that move
forward in combining these disciplines. We look forward to receiving
submissions on any depth range within the mantle.

*Co-Organized with:*
Study of Earth's Deep Interior, Mineral and Rock Physics, Seismology, and
Tectonophysics

*Cross-Listed:*
MR - Mineral and Rock Physics
S - Seismology
T - Tectonophysics

*Index Terms:*
3902 Creep and deformation [MINERAL PHYSICS]
7208 Mantle [SEISMOLOGY]
8120 Dynamics of lithosphere and mantle: general [TECTONOPHYSICS]
8162 Rheology: mantle [TECTONOPHYSICS]