[CIG-ALL] Call for Papers: PAGEOPH Topical Volume - Earthquakes and Multi-hazards around the Pacific Rim

Lorraine Hwang lorraine.hwang at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 15:19:45 PDT 2015

CALL FOR PAPERS

PAGEOPH Topical Volume on Earthquakes and Multi-hazards around the Pacific Rim

We invite submissions for a special issue of Pure and Applied Geophysics (PAGEOPH), entitled “Earthquakes and Multi-hazards around the Pacific Rim”.

For this special issue, we solicit submissions of numerical, observational and laboratory studies as they relate to simulations and forecasting of earthquake processes, volcanic eruptions, tsunami inundation, and other categories of natural hazards, together with methods to validate the codes and verify them using observed data. Special topics of particular interest include the proposed Global Navigation Satellite System Tsunami Early Warning technology. More fine-grained topics include papers on micro-physics of earthquakes and friction; earthquake source parameter scaling; macro-scale simulation of earthquake ruptures and seismic cycles; wave propagation simulations; studies of novel computational environments and efficient algorithms; as well as data assimilation and model applications.

We especially invite review papers related to the main subject of the special issue and we invite participants of the 9th ACES International Workshop, held August 10-16, 2015 in Chengdu, China to submit work presented during the meeting (http://www.csi.ac.cn/ACES2015/Home/index.html)

All submissions will be subject to the PAGEOPH peer review process.

Please submit your paper by going to: https://www.editorialmanager.com/paag/default.aspx

New authors will have to register first, then login as an author and select " Report-Top.Vol. Earthquakes and Multihazards around the Pacific Rim” as the article type.

Instructions for authors and a submission tutorial can be found at: http://www.springer.com/birkhauser/geo+science/journal/24.

The submission deadline is January 31, 2016. Papers will be published individually online shortly after being accepted.  The combined manuscripts will be published both as a topical issue of the journal PAGEOPH and Book Reprint.

For more information please contact one of the following special editors:

Guest Editors:
*Dr. YongXian Zhang, China Earthquake Networks Center, China (yxzseis at sina.com);
Dr. Thomas Goebel, Seismological Laboratory, UC Santa Cruz, USA (tgoebel at ucsc.edu);
Dr. Charles Williams, GNS Science, New Zealand (c.williams at gns.cri.nz);