[CIG-ALL] CIG '16: Website Updated and Travel Support Deadline March 11

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 29 14:30:19 PST 2016

Dear Community,

Planning for the upcoming CIG community-wide meeting, CIG ’16 <https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2016-cig-all-hands-meeting/>  is in full swing. We have recently updated the website with more information on plenary sessions, panels, and tutorials:

Plenary Sessions:
UQ: UQ and Inverse Problems in Geodynamics
FT: Fluxes and Transport in the Earth's Deep Interior
GD: Applications and Implications of Geodynamics
PP: Planetary Perspectives on Geodynamics
GC: Geodynamics Beyond the Geodynamics Community

Panels:

UP: Uncertainty in Practice
SS: Sustainable Software “In the Wild”
SU: How Do I Know That My Software is Doing What I Think It’s Doing?
Tutorials:
ASPECT
ObsPy
PyLith
Python - no registration required, first come first serve until full
Rayleigh
SW4
Underworld-II ***NEW***

Field Trip
	Coast Ranges - $10 fee will be collected at registration to offset transportation costs.

Please check the website <https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2016-cig-all-hands-meeting/> for more information on all events. Please note that sessions on June 23-24 run in parallel. It will not be possible to attend every tutorial on these dates. If you are attending all of the tutorials in seismology, you will NOT be able to attend ASPECT or Underworld II tutorials.

The deadline for travel support is rapidly approaching - Friday March 11.  We will continue to notify applicants until the funds are expended. You must register by May 2 if you want  campus housing.

If you have already registered, please check all participants lists to make sure you are correctly listed. If you wish to add or delete your participation, please reply to this email.

We are excited to see you here in UC Davis this summer!

Best,
-Lorraine
p.s. Happy Leap Day!

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.