[CIG-ALL] CIG'16: Travel Support deadline this week

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Sun Mar 6 22:26:44 PST 2016

Dear Community,

We are excited to be hosting the community-wide CIG meeting CIG ’16 <https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2016-cig-all-hands-meeting/>  this June 20-22 at UC Davis. Plenary talks will focus on the interdisciplinary nature of the research that connects our science. We invite you to become part of the conversation by engaging in panel discussions on topics in software sustainability, uncertainty, and verification and validation.  Researchers are also invited to present current work through lightning talks and poster sessions.

Deadlines:
	Travel Support: 	Friday, March 11 **** THIS WEEK
	Campus Housing:  	May 2
	Registration:		May 16

We will continue to accept travel support requests while funds remain.

Please check the website <https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2016-cig-all-hands-meeting/> for more information on all events. Register for all events here <https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2016-cig-all-hands-meeting/registration/>.

Please note that sessions on June 23-24 run in parallel. It will not be possible to attend every tutorial on these dates. If you are attending all of the tutorials in seismology, you will NOT be able to attend ASPECT or Underworld II tutorials. If you are interested in applying for the ASPECT Hackathon, you must include a statement of interested in the comment field.

If you have already registered, please check all participants lists to make sure you are correctly listed. If you wish to add or delete your participation, please reply to this email.

Best,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D.
Associate Director, CIG