[CIG-ALL] AGU Session: A tour of open-source software packages for the geosciences

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 11 08:58:47 PDT 2019

Have a open-source software package that needs its 5 minutes of fame?

Submit an abstract to the following AGU session!

NS003 - A tour of open-source software packages for the geosciences
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/78079 <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/78079>

This session will be a rapid-fire tour (5 min) of open source tools
freely available for researchers in the geosciences. The fast-growing
open source software ecosystem is creating new tools and changing
paradigms for how computers and collaborations are used to study Earth
processes. If you have written open-source software that could be useful
to others, we look forward to seeing your submission. This session will
not only be an opportunity to showcase your own packages and learn about
other available tools, but we also hope it will be an opportunity to
connect with others working on related problems and lead to
opportunities to form new collaborations. The session will be
accompanied by posters where the audience can engage individually with
the presenters. We welcome submissions from all domains.