[CIG-ALL] CIG @AGU and 2020 Election Results

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 1 09:51:14 PST 2020

1 December 2020,

Dear Community,

AGU is almost here. Typically, at this time of the year I look forward to bumping into many of you in San Francisco and catching up on research and family news. However, there is nothing typical about this year but the 2 week marathon of virtual sessions presents an opportunity to attend more community talk than I otherwise could.  You can find a full list of presentations contributed by the CIG Community here <https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2020-agu-week/2020-agu-abstracts/> or by following the links from our home page.

I would also like to introduce and congratulate our newly elected governance members:
Executive Committee: Alice Gabriel, University of Munich
Science Steering Committee: Sylvain Barbot, USC; Min Chen, Michigan State U.; and John Naliboff, New Mexico Tech.

Many thanks to our outgoing members  Dave Ham, Jessica Irving, Gabriel Morra, and Carl Tape, for contributing their expertise the past 3 years.

I look forward to working with all of you in the next year as we develop our plans for CIG IV.

Best,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D. - Director
Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics
UC Davis
530.752.3656
geodynamics.org