[CIG-ALL] EGU 2020 - Early Earth: Dynamics, Geology, Chemistry and Life in the Archean Earth

Ria Fischer rfischer at geomar.de
Mon Jan 13 03:21:56 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

abstract submission deadline for EGU 2020 in Vienna is fast approaching.
We would like to draw your attention to our multidisciplinary EGU
session *Early Earth: Dynamics, Geology, Chemistry and Life in the
Archean Earth (GD1.1/AS4/CL1/GMPV3/TS14)
<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/34771>*  and
hope to see you at the EGU General Assembly (3.-8. May 2020).

Please note that the *deadline for abstract submission* is *15. January
2020**, 13:00 CET.**
****
***We look forward to seeing you in Vienna.
Kind regards,

Ria Fischer
Peter A. Cawood
Nicholas Gardiner
Antoine Rozel
Jeroen van Hunen

*Session GD1.1/**AS4/CL1/GMPV3/TS14
**"Early Earth: Dynamics, Geology, Chemistry and Life in the Archean
Earth"**
*Processes responsible for formation and development of the early Earth
(> 2500Ma) are not
well understood and strongly debated, reflecting in part the poorly
preserved, altered, and
incomplete nature of the geological record from this time.
In this session we encourage the presentation of new approaches and
models for the development of Earth's early crust and mantle and their
methods of interaction. We encourage contributions from the study of the
preserved rock archive as well as geodynamic models of crustal and
mantle dynamics so as to better understand the genesis and evolution of
continental crust and the stabilization of cratons.
We invite abstracts from a large range of disciplines including
geodynamics, geology, geochemistry, and petrology but also studies of
early atmosphere, biosphere and early life relevant to this period of
Earth history.