[CIG-CS] error installation for pythia using easy_install

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Feb 28 07:59:39 PST 2012

Nico,

Pythia has not been receiving attention lately since Leif Strand (its
maintainer) left CIG a couple years ago. I have added some very small
improvements but don't have the expertise to maintain the egg stuff.
Additionally, if you are using python 2.7, then some of the Pythia egg
stuff is broken. The workaround is to just download the pythia tarball
and install pythia via "python setup.py install --prefix=$PREFIX". This
workaround also works for older python. We want to rip out the egg stuff
but don't have the resources to address this right now.

Regards,
Brad Aagaard