[CIG-GEODYN] Determinant of Jacobian Minimum Value

Farrokh Sheibani farrokh at mit.edu
Fri May 6 09:05:05 PDT 2016

Dear Pylith developers,

I was wondering if we can set the minimum permissible value for Jacobian determinant. The default in Pylith is 1e-6, although my mesh has some small cell with det[J] in the order of 1e-7 (but in a smoothed mesh and with positive det[J]). I am trying to model dynamic rupture in triaxial sample scales. I appreciate if you give me some advise regarding this.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Farrokh

Farrokh Sheibani, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Earth Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences; Earth Resources Laboratory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology