[CIG-GEODYN] Session on Lithospheric and Crustal Dynamics of the Wilson Cycle. The Iberia case study - Next EGU2017 !

Frederic Mouthereau frederic.mouthereau at get.omp.eu
Mon Jan 9 13:27:39 PST 2017

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our session on "Lithospheric and Crustal Dynamics of the Wilson Cycle. The Iberia case study " (session TS7.6) at the 2017 EGU General Assembly in Vienna, Austria (23-28 April 2017). Submission: 11 January 2017.

We feel it is timely to organise a session to debate the following themes focusing on the geodynamic evolution of the Iberian plate and the associated rift systems and orogens (Pyrenees, Rif, Betics).

(1) Timing and tectonic evolution of its rifted margins
(2) Sediment transfer and landscape evolution from the Mesozoic to the present day
(3) The role of inheritance in margin inversion and orogenesis
(4) Post-orogenic topographic evolution and its relation to mantle dynamics
(5) Plate kinematic reconstructions
(6) Constraints on crustal and lithospheric structure

We invite contributions that address one or more of these topics using new geophysical data, seismological constraints, numerical geodynamic modeling, as well as field-based studies, incorporating new sedimentological, structural or geomorphological data, and associated thermochronology, geochronology, geochemistry studies.

Contributions from young researchers are particularly welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna.

The convenors

Mary Ford (Université de Lorraine),
Frédéric Mouthereau (Université de Toulouse),
Julie Tugend (Université de Strasbourg),
Antonio Villasenor (CSIC, Bercelona)
Frederic Mouthereau
Professeur
Université de Toulouse