[Cig-jobpostings] Past-Doc position, Wellington New Zealand

Tim Stern Tim.Stern at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Aug 28 16:43:20 PDT 2016

Post-doc position in geodynamic modelling
Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand.

We seek a post-doc with an excellent geophysical background and skills in numerical modelling. We have a funded project to investigate the role that mantle deformation, and delamination in the continents can play in producing surface features including volcanism, uplift, subsidence and the development of sedimentary basis. Our focus is on plate boundary zones and on the boundary between East and West Antarctica.
We have funding for 1 year  with a possible extension for an additional year.

The candidate should have a track record of being be able to work with both classical geophysical data sets and with numerical models.

The project is funded by the NZ Marsden Fund and will be involve working with Professor Tim Stern and  Dr Huw Horgan at Victoria University. There   will also be opportunity for collaboration with groups in the US and the UK.