[Cig-jobpostings] Assistant Professor, University of Connecticut

Cormier, Vernon vernon.cormier at uconn.edu
Tue Nov 1 12:10:26 PDT 2016

Assistant Professor, University of Connecticut

Geodynamics or Paleoclimate Modeling

Center for Integrative Geosciences

Job Summary: The Center for Integrative Geosciences invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. We seek applicants with expertise in the broad area of computational/quantitative modeling of dynamic earth systems at regional to global scales. Areas of research may include, but are not limited to, deep-time paleoclimate and/or biogeochemical modeling; geodynamic modeling of solid Earth processes; and interactions between the mantle, surface topography, and climate. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to research and scholarship through extramural funding and peer reviewed publications and share a deep commitment to effective instruction, diversity, service and outreach.

This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure track position with an appointment in either the Physics or Geography Department and an anticipated start date of August 28, 2017. For a detailed list of position qualifications and application requirements, please see our complete job posting at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8441.  The University of Connecticut is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.