[CIG-LONG] hello

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Mon May 15 08:27:48 PDT 2006

hlb <lbhan at mail.ustc.edu.cn> wrote:
> Hello!
>   How are you? I am a graduate student from Department of Earth and
> Space Science of USTC. Now I am going to do something on large
> deformation ,So I am very interested in Gale. Would you be so kind to
> share it to me?

At the moment, Gale is not yet finished.  We plan to make a fully
functional release in October.  In any case, you can get a developer
pre-release at

  http://geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/gale/

If you are interested in assisting development, the first step is to
check out the code from the repository.  I think the code is broken
right now, but I should be able to fix it later today.  Once it is
fixed, it should be able to handle extension models.  It may be able
to handle some shortening and subduction models, but it is not tested.
So any help is appreciated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

walter at geodynamics.org