[CIG-LONG] problem running Gale

Jia Yulu jiayulu at gmail.com
Mon May 29 07:41:51 PDT 2006

Hi, I am a sudent from China University of Geoscienceses, I installed Gale
and run the sample that comes with the code, after 29 timesteps the
following messege was printed and the programme stoped:

Error running Underworld (revision 3519) - Signal 11 'SIGSEGV' (Segmentation
Fault).
This is probably caused by an illegal access of memory.
We recommend running the code in a debugger to work out where the problem is
(e.g. 'gdb')
and also to contact the developers.

There is a word in the README file which says: "This example should run
about 29 time steps and then crash. " Does "crash" mean that the error
message is intended? Is it supposed to act like this or i did something
wrong during installation?
Where can I get other examples to test the code? How to write my own input
files?
Thank you!