[CIG-LONG] problem with gale on a cluster

js at cp.dias.ie js at cp.dias.ie
Sun Dec 16 05:43:56 PST 2007

Hello Walter,
thank you for the input file.

Unfortunately I am unable to compile mumps with petsc-2.3.2.

Currently I have mpich2-1.0.4p1 installed which was
compiled with gcc/g77/gfortran for mpicc/mpif77/mpif90
respectively.

the problem I encounter is as follows,

compiling petsc with blacs requires mpif77. By default
petsc chooses mpif90 and this will not compile blacs.
This I can change with a flag, however then mumps will
not compile as it wants mpif90.

I can compile mumps independently with mpif90 and build
petsc with mpif77, but then I get complaints about unknown
functions beginning with _gfortran_ and build fails.

I was considering using the intel compiler, but I am unsure
if that will have any unwelcome side-effects.

What compilers do you use for building petsc, blacs and mumps?

When you say in manual "the hardest part is not installing
Gale itself, but Petsc", you weren't kidding.

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,

john.