[CIG-LONG] Cumulative strain history in Gale et alia

Susanne Buiter susanne.buiter at ngu.no
Mon Oct 8 09:46:10 PDT 2007

Dear Christoph, Bradford, Walter and everyone else,

I can tentatively tell you that the next GeoMod meeting will be
organised in autumn 2008 by Giacomo Corti and colleagues from the
University of Florence. I can post the first circular here once i have
it. As all looks now, the meeting will be three days, with a
pre-conference modelling workshop (organised by Guido Schreurs and
myself) and probably a post-conference excursion.

While i am advertising now anyway, i can also announce that we will
organise a new analogue-numerical comparison round in which the setups
will be more strict than in the GeoMod2004 experiments. The recipe
should become available later this autumn. Could i convince you Walter
to participate with Gale? We plan to discuss all final and quantified
results on the GeoMod2008 pre-conference workshop.

I would also be interested in seeing examples of Gale for the type of
problems Christoph mentioned. Would it be possible to post them on the
website?

Cheers,
Susanne

Dr. Susanne Buiter, Geological Survey of Norway,
Leiv Eirikssons vei 39, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Tel. +47 73 904265
Fax. +47 73 921620
Web: http://www.geodynamics.no/buiter