[CIG-LONG] Visualisation of materials

Matthieu_Quinquis matthieu.quinquis at ngu.no
Mon Apr 7 23:35:48 PDT 2008

Hi,

I define in my model different materials with different rheological
properties in a shape. Four different layers representing the crust, a
plastic lithosphere, a viscous lithosphere and  the mantle for exemple.
I would like to visualise each different material, especially the limits
between two materials. If I give to two different materials the same
density then this isn't possible.
At the moment I haven't been able to do that in GALE, but I know that
this option is available in UnderWorld
(Viewports/ParticleMaterialAndNodalVelocityVP.xml) using gLucifer.
I've understood how to get the VTKOutput to output the data set and read
it, I am now looking where in the code there is a flag saying the crust
is material X the mantle material Y and so forth. Which would then
enable me to visualise the particles constituting the crust as X and so
on.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Matthieu