[CIG-LONG] Negative Pressures in Gale

Mark Fleharty mark.fleharty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:18:57 PST 2008

Hello,

I have recently been working with Gale, and I'm having a difficult
time understanding some of the output from the sample input files.
After running:
./gale extension.xml

This produces an output.extension directory that has a lot of various
data, 500 time steps in all.  Looking through the pressure*.vtk files
I can verify that I have negative numbers, but I'm not sure what this
means.  I also notice them when I view them with paraview.  I've
attached an image file demonstrating the problem.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to create St.Germain input XML
files.  I've looked through the documentation as best I can, and I
think I'm confused about some of the basics.  Is there any other
documentation available on St. Germain outside of Gale that people
could recommend?

Thanks,

Mark Fleharty

--