[CIG-LONG] Difficulty Compiling Gale petsc2.3.3

Mark Fleharty mark.fleharty at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:12:15 PST 2008

Hello,

Should Gale work with petsc2.3.3, or only older versions?

I'm trying to re-compile Gale, and I'm having difficulties with it not
locating petsc correctly.  I believe my petsc is installed correctly
as evidenced by running the test programs.
-----------------------------
[fleharty at lithos petsc-2.3.3-p8]$ make test
Running test examples to verify correct installation
C/C++ example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 1
MPI process
C/C++ example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully with 2
MPI processes
Graphics example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 run successfully
with 1 MPI process
Fortran example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex5f run successfully with
1 MPI process
Completed test examples
[fleharty at lithos petsc-2.3.3-p8]$
----------------------------

When I try to configure Gale for compilation I get the following:
----------------------------
[fleharty at lithos Gale-1_2_1]$ ./configure.py
    Configuring Gale to compile on your system
TESTING: configureLibrary from
Gale.packages.petsc(python/Gale/packages/petsc.py:138)
         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log
for details):
Can not find the include and library directories in
/home/fleharty/Desktop/petsc-2.3.3-p8
-------------------------------

I have tried various options with configure.py like
--with-petsc-dir=/home/fleharty/Desktop/petsc-2.3.3-p8 and other
options.
Also, include, and lib are in the petsc-2.3.3-p8 directory.

Any tips on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark Fleharty

--