[CIG-LONG] glibc detected

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Fri May 2 09:52:17 PDT 2008

js at cp.dias.ie wrote:
> Hi
> I was running a model with gale when I got the following error,
>
> *** glibc detected *** realloc(): invalid next size: 0x0000000003078f50 ***
> [cli_54]: aborting job:
> Fatal error in MPI_Barrier: Error message texts are not available
>
> I reran and got the same error at the same timestep. Other different
> models have successfully ran to completion.

Are you, perhaps, running out of memory?  I just recently (last week)
fixed a number of memory leaks and a few memory bugs, so you might try
checking out the code from the repository.  I am in the process of
changing the way nonlinear iterations work, so you should not check
out the latest revision.  Instead, try revision 11864.

Also, try turning off checkpointing (delete the checkpointEvery line)
and the DumpSwarm plugin.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Walter Landry