[CIG-LONG] [Gale] EulerDeform: coordinate out of bounds when increasing model resolution

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Wed Nov 12 16:43:07 PST 2008

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your answer. I run a slightly different model (in terms of geometry), without fixing the timestep (dt=0, and dtFactor=1) and still having the same kind of error:

TimeStep = 66, Start time = 1.1986e+14 + 1.90721e+12 prev timeStep dt
Coordinate out of bounds 1867 594128.051477 108429.153138 240000.000000
Gale: build/Underworld/plugins/EulerDeform/EulerDeform.c:776: EulerDeform_InterpVar: Assertion `0' failed.
MPI: On host cognac, Program /short/cg01/duc025/gale_svn/bin/Gale, Rank 21, Process 19842 received signal SIGABRT/SIGIOT(6)

MPI: --------stack traceback-------
sh: idb: command not found

MPI: -----stack traceback ends-----
MPI: On host cognac, Program /short/cg01/duc025/gale_svn/bin/Gale, Rank 21, Process 19842: Dumping core on signal SIGABRT/SIGIOT(6) into directory /short/cg01/duc025/GSV_inputs/fromcognac
MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 21 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
MPI: aborting job

Do these may help:

- inscreasing the number of particlesPerCell?
- changing the number of CPUs?

Cheers,

Guilly

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Structural Geologist/Modeller
CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Visiting address: 6G13, ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, Western Australia, 6151
Postal address: PO Box 1130, Bentley, Western Australia, 6102, Australia