[CIG-LONG] Gale help

谢祖军 zjxie at asch.whigg.ac.cn
Mon May 4 07:29:50 PDT 2009

Dear professors,

I am Zujun Xie, a postgraduate student of institute of Geodesy and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. I am interesting in Gale, a code for the long-term tectonics which could be available from the Gale website. I have tried to use it to simulate the upper mantle convection and crustal dynamics in Tibetan Plateau and its surroundings. I want to utilize the seismic tomography result to obtain the distribution of density which will be used as material input to my calculations. However when I want to do this, I find it is quite hard to give the material properties on the elements, because in the examples of Gale, most of the material properties are given to a body. For my work, I shall give the material properties to each of the element, because in tomography models, each element has its own density. I am wondering how to add the material properties on the elements.
Would you like to help me to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Yours sincenely,
Zujun xie