[CIG-LONG] model time output?

Garrett Ito gito at hawaii.edu
Wed May 6 17:16:27 PDT 2009

Hi Walter,

Oops yes.  Thanks.  (wow, sorry--I guess I didnt try grepping with capital T or S ?!).

On another note, I am still finding that the iterative solver is requiring lots more nonlinear iterations to coverge than the direct solver.  I've experimented with changing the linear tolerance between 1e-5 & 1e-11; different timesteps require fewer/lower nonlinear iterations for different values of linearTolerance but the net solution time is about the same.  Thus the part of the solution that the direct solver produces is different in an imporant way than that of the iterative solver. (BTW which line on the flow list given in the manual on p.19-20 is the direct solver used?)

Might there be a simple way to control the accuracy of the specific part of the Uzawa iteration that the linear solver produces?  If its straightforward and simple, then great--otherwise its probably not worth the extra effort given that multigrid is coming our way, and I'm happy to wait.

Garrett