[CIG-LONG] Gale, boundary velocity

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Sat Nov 14 09:39:06 PST 2009

"Li Yanyou" <wbjlyy at 126.com> wrote:
> Dear Walter
>    I already installed the "diffutils" package through cygwin£¬but there are
> also some problems in building PETSC2.3.2. It's something wrong about
> compiler£¬I can't solve it.(see the attached file:configure.log)

The easiest way to fix this is to install gcc-core and gcc-g77 via
cygwin (in Devel).  While you are at it, install gdb and libxml-devel
also.  You will also need lapack (in Math).  You already have mpich
installed, so that should cover everything.

>     it¡®s means   software couldn't install in such as C:\Program Files\
> MPICH2. There are space in file name.

That is fine.  You only need to worry about the directory where you
are building Gale and Petsc.

walter at geodynamics.org