[CIG-LONG] A question about Gale

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Sun Oct 25 23:31:00 PDT 2009

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer!
Indeed, it is pretty similar to the tarball I received from Luke.
I played with this piece of code in UW and sent Luke some questions and feedbacks.

Here is a copy of my email to Luke:
>I ran the testModel at different resolution and it's pretty quick.
Got a convection cell at the bottom of the model with temperature increasing in a plume as material goes upward.

VTKs are outputed however I can't visualise the melt as far as I understand the files. Got a field named EnergyEqn-phiDotField that I don't know but I suppose it as to do with some thermal flux? Am I correct?

Would there be a way to output the melt content for the particles and/or field?

The melt equation is hardly coded in the code (somewhere in the plugin I guess). Would it be possible to have the melt equation somewhere in the input script?

Later, I managed to visualise the 'new_melt' with glucifer. Didn't had much time to experiment since. I only noticed some weird values for the depletion part (eg negative values).

Steve, it should be worth organising a short working-session on this if you're keen.

Cheers

Gilly

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Structural Geologist /  Modeller
CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Visiting address: ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Av., Kensington WA 6151
Postal address: PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102, Australia