[CIG-LONG] A question about Gale

Taichi SATO taichix at ori.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Sep 23 22:55:12 PDT 2009

Hello,

I previously asked how to simulate oblique spreading ridge and I have
three questions.

1)Dr. Walter Landry gave me input file "sato.xml". However, this works
pretty good, the temperature field does not fit the diking direction, I
Would you tell me how to rotate temperature field parallel to the
oblique ridge axis?

2)Would you tell me about the initial condition of "rifting.xml"?
Especially, I do not understand why the force_value of divergenceForce
is -0.8e9.

3)Would you teach me the usage of Velocity_SolidBodyRotaion,
Velocity_PartialRotationX and Velocity_PartialRotationY ?
I think these standard condition functions are specified in velocity
bounary condtion, but I do not understand how to specify initial
velocity when using these functions.

Best Regards,

Taichi Sato