[CIG-LONG] Thermally driven counterflow

Karen Paczkowski karen.paczkowski at yale.edu
Mon Aug 9 13:58:57 PDT 2010

Hi,

Thank you for all the help.  I am unfortunately still getting a very
unexpected flow field.  The only velocities I have set are:

Vx = 0 and Vy = -Vslab on the left side
Vy=0 across the top

My input file is producing a flow field that flows in the opposite
direction as Vslab (up and to the right) and has a magnitude 2-3
orders of magnitude larger than Vslab.  This was not occurring prior
to adding the thermal field, so I am assuming it has to do with that,
but I'm really not sure what is causing this exactly.  I have attached
a picture of the velocity field and a copy of the input file.  It is
written for Gale 1.5.0.  I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you,
Karen