[CIG-LONG] Help! SNAC Benchmark: Parallel-Plate Viscometer

Eunseo Choi echoi at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Aug 12 11:39:02 PDT 2010

Hi, Jean

I realized that the back and front vel bcs were not specified in your
input file.
After I added free-slip conditions for those z-normal boundaries (my
input is attached), vel fields now look similar to those given in the
manual (see the attached figure).

Stress fields still look different, though. My guess is that the
definition of stress invariant is not consistent, which has been changed
during the course of SNAC development.
However, I wouldn't worry too much about what was the definition as long
as velocities are reasonably accurate.
Do you have access to Jaeger's book referred to in the manual?

Eunseo