[CIG-LONG] Convergence problem

Dian He hedian18 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:35:29 PDT 2010

Hi there,

When I run models, I have always encountered the problems that the solutions
can not be converged at some (usually hundreds of) time steps, even I change
kinds of parameters. I want to see some results after tens Myr, but they
were stopping at just several Myr. The more strange thing is that, for one
case, it can only run for a certain resolution of the mesh. It doesn't run
one step at all if I change the resolution of the mesh or particles.

Another question is that the temperature structure is reset if I restart the
running from some step, but the geometry and velocity seem to continue.

Thanks,