[CIG-LONG] CIG-LONG Digest, Vol 45, Issue 18

Nicolas RIEL nicolas.riel at free.fr
Thu Aug 26 14:30:48 PDT 2010

Hi

Do you have an air layer at the top of your model ? This can also come from
the viscosity of your air layer, it needs to not be the lower viscosity of
your model, or your model will focus on the air deformation...
I had the same problem of converging when my resolution is high. Most of
time it comes from viscosity scaling. The order of magnitude supported by
gale is around 1e5 to 1e6 (Patrice Rey), so if you are using non-newtonian
rheology or/and yielding you need to fix the min and max viscosity for these
rheology to stay within the order magnitude of viscosity supported.
I had also this kind of problem when the hydrostatic term is not well set.

I hope this can help you !

Nicolas Riel