[CIG-LONG] Extension - Compressible Layer in Gale

Aaron Tyler atyl0789 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Tue Jul 6 21:16:49 PDT 2010

Thanks Walter, I think I'll stick to using an average for now. I'll run the
model with a couple of different values in order to determine how great of a
control changing that hydrostatic term is going to have on the results,
hopefully not too too much.

I imagine if we modified the term to handle multiple layers I would run into
the issue of having the defined height for each layer/boundary becoming
incorrect as extension/compression proceeds?

Cheers,
Aaron Tyler
University of Sydney