[CIG-LONG] Faults do not depart away from the axis

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Mon Jul 12 10:43:37 PDT 2010

Taichi SATO <taichix at aori.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> Dear Walter,
>
> Thank you very much to ask my questions !
> I understood time scaling and elasticity.
> After 100 steps, I got a almost same picture, so it seems work well.
> Next I am going to change parameters.

Great!

> By the way, would you teach the way to mask the air layer like your
> attached figure?

Starting with the picIntegrationPoints file, I used two filters.  You
can access the filters through the "Filter" menu at the top.  First
you mesh the points using a Delaunay2D filter.  Then you can apply a
threshold filter, and only show viscosities above 2e-4.  Alternately,
you can show only materials with Material_Index greater than 0.5.

The Delaunay2D filter is a bit slow, so you would not want to do it
all the time.

walter at geodynamics.org