[CIG-LONG] Ascii file for temperature profile ?

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Sun Jul 18 12:54:49 PDT 2010

Nicolas RIEL <nicolas.riel at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if this is possible to load an ascii file in order to
> have a specific thermal gradient for example to study a subduction zone
> already set ?

Unfortunately not.  You could write a StandardConditionFunction to do
it.  See Section 7.5 of the manual for some instructions on how to do
that.  The best way to do it is to read the file into a static array
the first time your new function is called.  After that, you would
only read data from the static array, rather than reading the file
each time.

walter at geodynamics.org