[CIG-LONG] Boundary Velocity Conditions

Eunseo Choi echoi at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Jun 2 12:00:08 PDT 2010

Velocity BCs are quite flexible in SNAC.
Often called free-slip BCs, reflective BCs are easy to apply.
You only need to set the normal component of velocity to a boundary to
be zero, leaving the other two components unspecified.

However, periodic BCs are not possible. Probably not needed in a
Lagrangian code like SNAC, either.
Please let me know if you are thinking about a particular problem where
such BCs are required.

Any ways, two cookbook examples will give you some idea on how to apply
velocity BCs.

Eunseo

Jean Liu wrote:
> Also, how are boundary velocity conditions handled in SNAC?
> (Reflective? Periodic?)
>
> Thanks again!
>
> - Jean

Eunseo Choi