[CIG-LONG] Material parameters: alpha, beta?

Eunseo Choi echoi at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 3 11:08:11 PDT 2010

Dear Jean,

I assume you are asking about alpha and beta among the SNAC's input
parameters.

alpha is the volumetric thermal expansion coefficient and
beta is the parameter for pressure-dependence of density.
In SNAC, temperature and pressure-dependent density is given by
rho = rho_0 * (1.0 - alpha *
(element->tetra[tetra_I].avgTemp-material->reftemp) + beta * pressure);
(see the last part of Snac/libSnac/src/Stress.c).

Eunseo

Jean Liu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew what the material parameters alpha and
> beta represent?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Jean

Eunseo Choi