[CIG-LONG] Thermal condition

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Tue Mar 2 12:59:37 PST 2010

Walter Landry <walter at geodynamics.org> wrote:
> Taichi SATO <taichix at ori.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
>> Thank you for your quick responce Walter!

>>> Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I thought this should be
>>> possible, but I kept running into issues.  I will work on it some
>>> more.
>> Does it mean that a fixed thermal condition does
>> not contain in Gale? or my mistake ?

I just realized that I misunderstood your question.  I thought that
you wanted only a part of the simulation to have a fixed temperature.
If you want to fix the temperature everywhere, you can use an
AllNodesVC.  So add something like

      <struct>
        <param name="type">AllNodesVC</param>
        <list name="variables">
          <struct>
            <param name="name">temperature</param>
            <param name="type">func</param>
            <param name="value">TemperatureProfile</param>
          </struct>
        </list>
      </struct>

to the list of temperatureBCs.  That will reset the temperature each
time step, so it will work even when the mesh deforms.

walter at geodynamics.org