[CIG-LONG] problem with Gale

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Wed Mar 17 12:02:13 PDT 2010

乔彦超 <oliver.qiao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> i'm a PHD of GUCAS. i need to do some research with Gale. i downloaded the
> Gale-Win32-1_4_1.zip<http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/long/gale/Gale-Win32-1_4_1.zip>
> ,
> but when i run the Gale.exe, it cann't run. i email the fig in the
> attachment to you. i hope you can tell me how to run the sofeware in win xp.
> ps: i have the python.but  i don't install mpi.

It looks like you did not give Gale an input file.  So, it would be something like

  Gale-1_4_1.exe input\cookbook\viscous_extension.xml

However, you may have to give it the whole path.  So, depending on
where you downloaded it, it would be something like

  Gale-1_4_1.exe C:\Documents and Settings\Oliver\Gale-Win32-1_4_1\input\cookbook\viscous_extension.xml

walter at geodynamics.org