[CIG-LONG] CIG-LONG Digest, Vol 47, Issue 2

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Tue Oct 19 00:43:01 PDT 2010

Walter,

This confuses me...

What Nicolas did is using a scaling factor of 1e-25 to scale the viscosity of the material from 1e23 Pa.s to 0.01, and then applying the time scaling factor to the diffusivity accordingly.
This is the approach described in Gale's users guide...

Does this mean that in static problems (or at least very slow displacement rates) the viscosity shouldn't be scaled?

Cheers

Gilly