[CIG-LONG] stressbc and hydrostatic term

Laetitia Le Pourhiet laetitia.le_pourhiet at upmc.fr
Wed Oct 20 09:01:28 PDT 2010

Hi Walter me again ,

I want to put a normal stress as bc at depth (let say I have a static
bottom and I want the sigma_yy = initial rho*g*z) so that particules
inflow or outflow of the model at the bottom to simulate an horizontal
depth of compensation.

I am using your hydrostatic correction to limit the compaction of the
element so what is the value of stress I have to put at depth?  initial
rho*g*z or 0 ?  in other words,  where is the stressbc applied? before
or after  the hydrostatic correction has been removed from the RHS?

cheers

Laetitia